You can serve this meal with a combination of noodles and beansprouts. If noodles only, 100g maximum. If in combination serve 50g noodles with 100g beansprouts. Can also be served with a spinach salad
4 chicken thighs (approx 90g each)
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
2 limes, juice
2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped (if short of time peel & bash)
200g Rice noodles – straight to wok or Soba noodles (buckwheat) work well OR 300g beansprouts
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Place the garlic, soy sauce, honey, juice of two limes and the chicken thighs into a bowl. Marinade for as long as you can, but can be done just 5 minutes beforehand.
3. If possible use an oven proof frying pan, if not you need to preheat a small casserole dish.
4. Using your preferred frying pan, heat on a medium heat.
5. Place 2 halves of the leftover limes into the pan.
6. When fragrant, add your chicken thighs skin side down to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
7. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes.
8. Now pour over the remaining marinade and place the pan in the oven for 15 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, cook your noodles and warm through your beansprouts in a pan with a teaspoon of sesame oil.
10. Serve with rice noodles or salad.