Don't be put off by the coconut, follow this recipe and it will fall under the 300 calorie mark!!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
½ onion, sliced
pinch dried chilli flakes
pinch ground ginger
200g/7oz sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
100ml/3½oz hot chicken stock (vegetarians may substitute vegetable stock)
100ml/3½oz coconut milk LIGHT
25g/1oz fresh coriander leaves, chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
15g/½oz spinach leaves, to garnish
0. Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and fry for 3-4 minutes, until golden and softened.
1. Add the chilli flakes and ground ginger and fry for one minute, then add the sweet potato and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to simmer for 8-10 minutes, then add the coriander.
3. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly, then pour into a food processor and blend until smooth. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. To serve, pour the soup into a warm bowl and garnish with the spinach leaves.