Prawns with Pernod & Green leaf Salad
4 plum tomatoes
200g King prawns, cooked,
25g softened unsalted butter
¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
25g Kalamata olives, stoned & halved
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
1 slice of crusty bread
1. Get out 2 x bowls and place cold water in one and boiling water in the other.
2. Using a sharp knife, make a tiny shallow cross at the bottom of each tomato. Place them in the bowl of boiling water for
30-45 seconds and then transfer to cold water bowl. Drain, peel and cut each tomato into 4-6 wedges.
3. Thinly slice the garlic, chop the parsley and halve the olives.
4. Measure out the Pernod
5. Now, place a frying pan over a high heat and when very hot add 20g of the butter. When melted and bubbling add the tomatoes, olives and chilli and cook for 2 minutes - keeping the pan moving all the time.
6. Add the prawns and cook for a further 2 minutes
7. Carefully add the Pernod as it tends to catch fire!!
8. Let the alcohol evaporate for a minute or so and then add the remaining butter, garlic, parsley and a little salt until it forms a runny sauce.
9. Serve immediately with 1 slice of crusty bread or a generous handful of rocket and watercress leaves.