Quick & Simple Couscous Salad
350mls Light Chicken or vegetable Stock
200g Roasted tomatoes and their oil
10cm Cucumber piece Diced
4 Spring Onions Finely sliced
25g Fresh mint leaves Roughly Chopped
2tbs Lemon Juice
60mls Olive Oil (as a top up)
100-120g Soft Cheese (goats, feta etc)
1. Place cherry tomatoes of choice in a roasting tray along with a tablespoon of olive oil and cook for 15 minutes on 180 degrees
2. Meanwhile prepare the cucumber, spring onions and mint.
3. Now, put the Couscous in a large bowl and season well.
Add a splash of the olive oil from the roasted tomatoes and then the hot stock.
Stir and leave to cool completely, fluffing up now and then with a fork
4. Add the cucumber, spring onions, mint and lemon juice to the couscous.
5. Add the tomatoes with their oil, topping up with extra olive oil (1 tablespoon maximum) if there is not enough tomato oil. Stir gently but well.
6. Lastly add the cheese.
7. Either serve 2 or use as two portions. Will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.